Books I Read

My musing about books that I've read and am reading with some other tidbits thrown in along the way!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore

Welcome to my little corner of the knitting world!!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Abram's Daughters

A review from my Mama!!!

Abram's Daughters series by Beverly Lewis

This 4-5 book series provides a fascinating "insider" look at the Amish
lifestyle: the simple, yet universal, joys and the sorrows. I was amazed
at how harsh and cruel the Amish life can be to its followers, yet they
supposedly follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
I felt that the number of books were a little too many, with perhaps the
author milking a good thing. Yet, the characters were well developed.
Lewis is able to keep the secrets all the way to the end of the series in a
masterful way. I would recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home