Books I Read

My musing about books that I've read and am reading with some other tidbits thrown in along the way!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore

Welcome to my little corner of the knitting world!!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Outlander

I'll make a list right now of some of my favorite books and authors (If I can remember them).

By and FAR my favorite series, and really quite ruined reading ANYTHING for quite some time was Outlander by Dianna Gabaldon.

Claire and Frank are on their second honeymoon in Scotland after WWII. This story starts after a disturbing event. I have to warn you, you NEED to give it time to get into. But once you do, it is very very well worth it. I have quite litterally read this book 4 or 5 times now throughout the years, and I glean so much each time I read it. Romance is a big part of this series, but it is SO much more than that. Action, adventure, history, relationships, medicine are some of the few things this series touches on.

The list of books in the series are Outlander, Dragon Fly in Amber, Voyager, Drums in Autumn, Firey Cross, and a Breath of Snow and Ashes.

You can find information about these books at www.dianagabaldon.com and there are various Yahoo groups set up for the discussion of said books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hmm..wonder how the double post happened!! Sorry about that!!

Have you read all the books? I'm reading Voyager now, and I "think" this is only my second time through. There's a lot I remember, and an AWFUL lot I don't!!!

June 09, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

****Spoiler*****Ok, for those that have read this, I am in the WAY minority it seems according to the yahoo site.

In the WAY beginning of Outlander, Frank asks Claire (after seeing what we assume is Jamie's ghost after we read the book) if she had an affair during that war, and if she did no worries. Most people I run into think that is his way of saying HE did, and was hoping, after seeing this Highlander, that SHE did too, so they are on equal playing field. I don't want to believe that Frank cheated on her. He did when they were in Boston, but geesh...what a MESS that whole thing was after she came back right? So, what do you all thing, oh readers of Outlander?

June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home